- Occasionally you will be asked to submit personal content about yourself (e.g. name and email address, profession, postal code) in order to receive or use services on our website. Such services include newsletters, competitions, message boards and TRAVELPAPERS.COM membership.
- With imputing your details in the fields requested, you allow TRAVELPAPERS.COM and its service providers to provide you with the services you select. Whenever you give such personal content, we will treat that content in agreement with this policy. When using your personal content TRAVELPAPERS.COM will act in accordance with current legislation and intend to meet current Internet best practice.
- Content supplied by cookies can help us to provide you with a better online user experience and assist us to analyze the profile of our visitors. For example: if on a previous visit you went to our TP Report pages, we might find this out from your cookie and highlight market preference content on your second and subsequent visits.
Cookie, what is it?
- A cookie is a small sum of data, which often includes an unidentified unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website’s computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Individual website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only allows a web site to access the cookies it has previously sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other web sites
Numerous sites do this whenever a user visits their web site in order to track online traffic flows.
- Cookies verify content about your online preferences. Users have the chance to set their computers to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is subjected, or not to receive cookies at any time. The preceding of these, of course, means that certain personalized services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the TRAVELPAPERS.COM features and services. Each browser is different; so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
If you have set your computer to reject cookies you can still browse TRAVELPAPERS.COM secretly until such time as you wish to register for TRAVELPAPERS.COM services.
- We will hold your personal content on our systems for as long as you use the service you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met, or, in the case of you no longer wish to continue your registration as a TRAVELPAPERS.COM member.
- For safety reasons, however, TRAVELPAPERS.COM may store messaging transcript data (including message content, member names, times and dates) arising from the use of TRAVELPAPERS.COM. Where personal content is held for people who are not yet registered but have taken part in other TRAVELPAPERS.COM. services (e.g. competitions, blogging ), that content will be held as long as is necessary to ensure that the service is run smoothly.
- We will ensure that all personal content supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act Bill C-6. For more information: http://www.privcom.gc.ca/speech/archive/02_05_a_991201_e.asp
- If you are notified by TRAVELPAPERS.COM site or administration that your content may be used to by TRAVELPAPERS.COM to contact you for “service administration purposes”, this means that TRAVELPAPERS.COM may contact you for a number of purposes related to the service you have signed up for.
- For example, we may wish to provide you with password reminders or notify you that the particular promotional or services has been suspended, canceled, delayed for maintenance. Unless you specifically agree not to be contacted for such purposes at the time you submit your content on the site, or at a later time.
Users 16 and under
- If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal content to TRAVELPAPERS.COM’s website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal content.
- TRAVELPAPERS.COM is very concerned about protecting the privacy of our customers. Any personal data collected from you is used to enhance or fulfill your request for promotional services or for securing a reservation with third party vendors such as airlines, hotels or car rental agencies. TRAVELPAPERS.COM will not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, license, sell or redistribute any of your personal profile information. Customer comments or testimonials will not be used without written consent. Customers have direct online access to review, update, correct or discontinue their personal profiles at any time.
Access to your personal content
- You have the right to request a copy of the personal content that TRAVELPAPERS.COM holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge $25.00 for content requests.). Please address your requests to TravelPapers, firstname.lastname@example.org